There are more than 150 wireless access points across the PAB, Knudsen, and Kinsey Pavillion areas to provide reliable wireless network connectivity for faculty, staff, and students.
The computing group is working to improve the department's wireless connectivity by deploying additional access points, deploying Eduroam, and consolidating the number of wireless networks.
The following wireless networks are available:
|PAwifi||Use this wireless network for general use. Click here to view the network password.|
|PA Internal||PA Internal provides access to internal resources including printers and servers. A standard WPA2 password is needed to connect to this network. Click here to view the network password.|
|Eduroam||The eduroam wireless network provides the same access to network resources as PA Internal. When connecting to eduroam, you will be asked for a username and password. Use your UCLA BOL username and password or eduroam credentials to connect to eduroam.|
|Projectors||This is the network you need to be on to access the new wireless projectors. Please view the Projectors page for the current password and more information about how to use them.|
Connecting to Eduroam with Windows
To connect to Eduroam with Windows, you need to change a few default settings. Here are the steps to get Eduroam on Windows 7:
- - Click on "Control Panel" from "Start"
- "Set up a new connection or network"
- "Manually connect to a wireless network"
- Put "Eduroam" for "Network name",
"WPA2-Enterprise" for "Security type"
"AES" for "Encryption type"
It should say "Successfully added Eduroam".
- "Change connection settings"
- Click on "Security" tab.
- Network authentication method should be "Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)"
- Click on "Settings" to the right of that.
- Unclick "Validate server certificate".
- Click on "Configure" to the right of "Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP-v2)"
- Unclick "Automatically use my Windows logon name and password..."
- "OK" three times
Requesting Help & Reporting Weak Coverage
For questions about the wireless network, trouble connecting to the wireless network, or if you find an area of PAB, Knudsen, or Kinsey Pavillion with weak signal coverage, please submit a help desk ticket.